Privacy & Cookies
Cookies are small data files which are temporarily stored on your computer hard drive and provide information about your online movements and use of the internet. Cookies help to speed up the operation of the website, track your current shopping experience and shopping basket, and gather valuable marketing information on website usage which allows us to constantly improve our service to you.
In order to provide a personalised shopping experience with the highest level of security our website uses a number of cookies.
In order to shop with us your computer must be set up to receive cookies. Cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information.
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However you do have the ability to decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. If you do this you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable, block and delete them, see your Help section which is typically found in the menu bar at the top of the browser. Some browsers will also provide help if the F1 Key is pressed.
WHO WE ARE
OUR PRIVACY PROMISE
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Any of your personal details will only be used by Clarence Clottey and our carefully selected third party partners to ensure that we deliver an excellent service to you, and to process and deliver your order and maintain your account with us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to:
- Process your order and communicate with you about the goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver products you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details including your credit/debit card information) for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- Update our records and maintain your account with us.
- Recommend offers and merchandise that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Improve the content and appearance of our website, to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you.
With a view to understanding our customer's needs better, we will, with your permission, retain the information you have provided us and the details of any purchases you have made to enable us to offer products and services that are likely to be of interest to you.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect and process your information as follows:
- With information that you provide by filling in forms on our website for transactional, or any other purposes.
- With details of transactions you carry out through our site or by telephone
- With records of correspondence received from you.
With details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH CLARENCE CLOTTEY LONDON
At Clarence Clottey London we want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to this site. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, each email we send contains a simple, automated way for you to request that we stop. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email or please call the Customer Care Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) (PHONE NUMBER HERE) who will be more than happy to help you. You may continue to receive mailings which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your request is being processed.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
When you pay online you are in a secure environment. All card transactions are handled through Sage Pay, which operates a 128-bit SSL encrypted system. Sage Pay is scanned quarterly by Trustwave, an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands. It is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. So you can be confident your card details will be safe.
We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details. If we need any information of this nature we will only contact you by telephone.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Security and Privacy are welcomed and should be addressed to Customer Care Team by emailing email@example.com or telephoning (PHONE NUMBER HERE).